In a world defined by innovation, courage, and limitless potential, three remarkable women have emerged as beacons of inspiration in the year 2023. Usha Kiran Moodgal, Anupama Ravindran Menon, and Parshavi Chopra have not only shattered ceilings but also reshaped the landscapes of literature, medicine, art, and sports.
3 Most Influential Women Of 2023 are:
- Usha Kiran Moodgal
- Anupama Ravindran Menon
- Parshavi Chopra
USHA KIRAN MOODGAL – A Laureate Par Excellence
Usha Kiran Moodgal, a distinguished figure in the world of literature, dance, and research, has captured the attention of both national and international audiences with her exceptional contributions, setting multiple world records and earning prestigious awards for her unparalleled accomplishments.
Originally from Delhi, Usha Kiran Moodgal has not only established herself as a poetess but also as a researcher and dancer of immense talent. With a remarkable journey that encompasses a myriad of achievements, she currently holds the esteemed title of International Ambassador at Dawn Research and Development Council, cementing her position as a prominent influencer within the literary and artistic spheres.
Among her many remarkable contributions to the literary world, Moodgal’s poetry compilation “Kavya Tulika” has garnered immense acclaim, accompanied by numerous accolades. Her collaboration on various poetry anthologies has not only gained widespread recognition but has also earned her numerous laurels, showcasing her versatility and expertise in the field.
Moodgal’s educational journey has been nothing short of impressive, marked by post-graduate degrees in Hindi and History after completing her undergraduate studies. On January 28, 1987, she embarked on her married life by tying the knot with Ashok Moodgal, further enriching her journey with love and companionship.
With literature and dance as the vibrant threads that weave the tapestry of her life, Moodgal’s dedication to her passions has not gone unnoticed. Most recently, she was honored with the esteemed “Bharat Shree National Award” and the prestigious “Honorary Gold Medal Award by DRDC Global,” acknowledging her unwavering contributions to the literary realm. “Kavya Tulika” earned her the revered “Sahitya Sthambh Puraskar 2023” and the “Sahika India International Award” for “Best Poetry Book of the Year.” The title of “Sarvashreshtha Kavyitri 2023” from Drop of Change further solidified her status as an exceptional literary figure.
In recognition of her profound contributions to contemporary Hindi literature, Usha Kiran Moodgal has been honored with the prestigious “Maharshi Valmiki Bharatiya Gaurav Samman 2023,” “Tagore Ratna Samman,” “Nazrul Sahitya Samman Laureate Award,” and the “Ishwar Chand Vidya Sagar Iconic Achievers Award.” Her poetry compositions, including “निर्णय” and “ख़ामोशी,” published in various collaborative editions, have also earned noteworthy recognition. The Inkzoid Foundation acknowledged her with the title of “साहित्यिक विद्या मे उभरती प्रतिभा” (Emerging Talent in the Field of Literature), further cementing her influence.
Usha Kiran Moodgal’s reach extends beyond borders, as her international acclaim soared with the “Asian Excellence Award 2023” in Singapore, the “Hope International Appreciation Award,” and the “Helen Keller Global Iconic Award,” celebrating her outstanding contributions to Hindi literature on the global stage.
Leveraging the power of social media, Moodgal shares her captivating compositions with a wider audience through her Instagram account, @ushakirankavyanjali. Her literary works have graced newspapers, digital platforms, and media outlets, while her presence has been featured on the covers of renowned literary and lifestyle magazines such as Lidue and the Eagle Eye, leaving an indelible mark on the literary landscape.
Usha Kiran Moodgal’s journey continues to inspire and captivate, as she remains an epitome of literary and artistic brilliance, a beacon for aspiring poets, researchers, and artists around the world.
ANUPAMA RAVINDRAN MENON – A decorated writer, armed forces doctor, artist
MEDICINE & FORCES
- Awarded the United Nations Peace Keeping Medal & Honorary certificate for contributions as UN ambassador & medical officer in 2020.
- Awarded Honorary certificate for being a part of the UNIFIL COVID-19 Crisis team in 2020.
- Received Honorary certificates for being the representing speaker of Malaysia in the International Virtual Symposium of Adversities & Strategies of Handling COVID-19 in area of operation organised by Vietnamese Defence Ministry & UNDPKO & by CUNPKO India.
- One of the Key speakers as Gender Focal Representative in conjunction with the 20th Anniversary of UNSCR 1325 Women Peace Security UN
- Participant & Battalion Coordinator for INTERNATIONAL EX MASCAL-2020 MASS CASUALTY LIVE EXERCISE UNIFIL to test for the preparedness of UNIFIL medical sector to handle mass disasters.
- Speaker & joint organiser for curbing Malaria outbreak amongst military personnel in collaboration with The Johore State Health Department of Infectious Disease & Entomology & Royal medical Corps in 2017-2018.
- First prize in Notion Press International Short Stories writing Competition 2018.
- Published as joint author along with 19 other authors in Plotpourri, an anthology of short stories by Notion Press in 2018.
- Published debut novel venture entitled “Dear Manusha” under the publication house of Notion Press in 2019
- First runner up in the 7th Indie’s Author Championship by Notion Press in 2023
- Awardee of Sheroes Nari Samman 2023 Award by TWIC-PWP
- Awardee of Banabhatta Saahityik Puraskaar 2023 Award by Cherrybook Awards & Digital Golgappa
- Awardee of Pratibha Samman 2023 Award by SheForward Official
- Awardee of Bharat Bhushan Ratna Samman 2023 by PWP.
- Awardee for Maharishi Valmiki Bharathiya Samman 2023 Award by Cherrybook Awards
- Awardee of Helen Keller Global Iconic Womanhood 2023 Award by TWIC
- Awardee for Tagore Ratna Samman 2023 in the category “Best Woman Writer of the Year by PWP.
- Awardee of Inspiring Indians 2023 by BharatGuild
- Nominee of Litfest 2023 & Author of the Year 2023 by Ne8x Litfest
- Podcast interview of author by Koalakraft India 2023 & multiple interviews across The Pink Stories, The Update India, Hindustan Metro, Asia Times Now etc.
- Featured as “Diverse Voices of Southeast Asia: India’s Top 3 Favourite Writers” in India Thrive & Hindustan Metro.
- Also Featured as “7 Upcoming Personalities & Voices of India” in multiple platforms namely, ANI news (Asian News International), The British Columbia Times, USA World Today, The London News Channel etc.
- Awardee of William Shakespeare Golden book & Laureate 2023 Award by PWP & TIWC
- Featured as cover star for Sheroes Magazine May- June edition by PWP.
- Awardee of Kalam Rashtriya Prathibha Samman for Best Inspiring Woman of the Year 2023 by PWP
- Awardee of Jane Austen International Platinum Book Award for “Best Inspiring Laureate of the Year” by PWP.
- Featured in International Literature Council for Women 2023.
- Awardee of Prestigious Rabindranath Ragore Award in Literature by DRDC in 2023.
- Successfully completed first Solo Art Exhibition entitled “Hridhaya: The Language of Heartbeats” in 2019
- Awarded Champion for Dream Theme Category in the International Young Fine Art Artists Open Competition 2023.
- Participated in International Future Generation Art Prize 2023
More About Anupama Ravindran Menon
Travelling down memory lane, she remembers strutting in the hallway whilst basking in the ambience of the vintage aroma of old hardback books that filled bookshelves of her dad’s library, watching her mom cut out articles from good old News Straits Times to pin up on our reading board & observing her Amumma & Apuppa turn the crisp cut pages of their monthly subscribed Reader’s Digest as they read & narrate stories to the eagerly excited grandchildren. She reminisces them as some snippets of her many fond memories of childhood. They sowed early seeds of fascination towards reading & writing. Anu’s writing gears kickstarted quite early in life. After obtaining a Distinction award in the University of New South Wales English Assessment at the age of 13, she began exploring into the writing part of herself.
As quoted by her favourite diarist & writer, Anne Frank, she believes that the length of living means nothing in comparison to the depth of living with love & life. Anupama Ravindran Menon, fondly known as her Anu, is a second generation Malaysian Keralite whose roots trace back to native God’s own country. Born and brought up in the humble suburbs of old Seremban town in Malaysia, she is the oldest of her siblings, brought up in the warm embrace of her beloved family who she quotes as the crux of everything she is today dedicating it mainly to her dad, Mr Ravindran Menon. Upon being conferred the scholarship of the Malaysian Defense Ministry & obtaining MBBS from Manipal University, she completed her internship & began serving as a doctor in the Malaysian Armed Forces.
Setting foot as a doctor & an officer in the military was a unique experience of its own quoting it a privilege to have served under the United Nation’s (UN) flagship in a peacekeeping operation in Lebanon in 2019-2020 (UNIFIL) as a part of an entourage of the Malaysian Battalion 850-7. Anu believes that the opportunity to join international exercises provided an arena, pivoting as a melting pot of culture & brains, enabling the exchange of personal & professional experiences between various cultures & continents. Amongst many other feathers adorned on her hat, she also juggled the role as the Gender Focal Point representative for the contingent. Anu personally felt gratified for the wonderful opportunity to be walking hand in hand with all these beautiful ladies of all walks of life, hearing & experiencing their life first hand. She was also an active part of the COVID-19 crisis team under the tutelage of UNIFIL Medical HQ & WHO. Furthermore, she was the representing speaker for Malaysia, in international virtual symposiums to present regarding the adversities & challenges of COVID-19 in operational areas, by Vietnamese Defence & UNDPKO & CUNPKO of India to name a few.
Stuck in a millennial body but carrying an old school soul, her likes are very much encompassed by little miracles of life… She is an ardent believer of live, love & laugh trying to find happiness in the tiny, daily forgotten bundles of joy. Above all, she loves her dad (the most), her family & loved ones.
As much as she loves practicing medicine, she is also in awe of art in its every form. Anu finds it addictive diving into books & splashing colors over a blank canvas… She enjoys snapping shots of nature, trying to capture the perfect moment of a heartbeat in a single click of camera lens. Hence, a doctor in the armed forces, Nature’s photographer, writer & painter, the new kid around the block…
She did her first solo art exhibition entitled “Hridhaya: The Language of Heartbeats” in 2019. She has also authored two books, first published as a joint author in “Plotpourri-anthology of short stories”, followed by her debut solo venture “Dear Manusha” which has also won her multiple awards and recognitions despite being the new kid in the block.
PARSHAVI CHOPRA – India’s U19 Cricket Sensation and Record-Breaking All-Rounder
Parshavi Chopra, a talented Indian cricketer, has emerged as one of the most promising U19 personalities in India. She is an integral part of the India Women Under-19 team, which recently clinched the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup title by defeating England in a thrilling final. Known for her exceptional skills as a bowling all-rounder, Parshavi has showcased outstanding performances both domestically and internationally.
Hailing from Sikandrabad, Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh, Parshavi comes from a family deeply rooted in cricket. With a grandfather who was a zonal-level cricketer and a father and uncle who have played club cricket, her upbringing revolved around the sport. Starting her athletic journey with skating, Parshavi eventually shifted her focus to cricket, where she found her true passion.
Having trained at esteemed academies like Youngstar Cricket Academy and Yuvraj Singh Center of Excellence, Parshavi’s talent quickly caught the attention of selectors. Representing Uttar Pradesh at the domestic level, she made a mark with her exceptional bowling performances. Her impressive skills led to her selection for the National Cricket Academy and various national tournaments.
In 2023, Parshavi’s talent and potential were recognized by the UP Warriorz franchise team, who bought her for Rs 10 Lakh in the Women’s Premier League (WPL). Her remarkable journey continued as she made her T20I debut for India against New Zealand, contributing to the team’s series victory. She was later included in India’s squad for the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, where she played a pivotal role in securing the historic victory.
Known for her legbreak bowling and right-hand batting, Parshavi has shown immense dedication and perseverance in pursuing her cricketing dreams. She idolizes the legendary Shane Warne and has transitioned from medium pace to leg spin to hone her skills. Her outstanding performances and strong determination have earned her accolades, including being the second-highest wicket-taker in the U19 T20 World Cup.
Off the field, Parshavi’s interests extend beyond cricket. She enjoys listening to music and actively participates in various sports like swimming, skating, basketball, lawn tennis, table tennis, and badminton. Despite facing challenges, such as a facial injury during a match, Parshavi’s resilience and passion for the game have kept her motivated.
Parshavi Chopra’s journey as one of India’s most talented U19 personalities exemplifies her commitment, skill, and determination. With her remarkable achievements at a young age, she has become a role model for aspiring cricketers across the country. As she continues to shine on the cricket field, Parshavi’s future in the sport looks incredibly promising.
The year 2023 has undeniably borne witness to the triumphant narratives of Usha Kiran Moodgal, Anupama Ravindran Menon, and Parshavi Chopra as they emerge as the 3 Most Influential Women Of 2023. Each has etched her name into the annals of history, proving that determination, talent, and unyielding spirit can overcome any obstacle. Usha Kiran Moodgal’s poetry and literary prowess, Anupama Ravindran Menon’s multifaceted achievements in medicine, writing, and art, and Parshavi Chopra’s exceptional cricketing prowess stand as testaments to the boundless capabilities of women.